Sunday, June 10, 2012

3 days in New Orleans

Friday, my first night back in town, we went out to our local High Hat restaurant on Freret Street for dinner. Fantastic as always. Don't miss the cold cherry tomato soup with crabmeat. Superb.

Saturday I picked up my Locavore swag at OCH, plus 3 pounds each of whole wheat flour and wheat berries from Carencro. As a bonus, I bought a great pair of earrings from one of the local artists and won a gift certificate to Cafe Reconcile!

After eating speckled trout my father-in-law caught in the Gulf of Mexico for dinner last night and local eggs for breakfast, I head out again tomorrow on another challenge in another time zone.

Next up: Portland, Oregon. I am looking forward to some excellent local Pacific seafood. The challenge will be eating locally out of a hotel for a week. It is a suite set-up, so I will have a refrigerator. I have found some local restaurants and groceries stores, so I shall do my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment