Thursday, June 16, 2011

Best Sandwich Ever!

OK. First. I have a lifelong tendency for exaggeration and am frequently super excited about whatever new thing I have encountered that particular moment. Today that thing is the sandwich I brought with me to work today.

To wit, the Arugula Cherry Tomato Goat Cheese Sandwich
Ingredients
2 slices local whole wheat or other dense, nutty bread
Ryal's goat cheese
halved tiny yellow cherry tomatoes (Hollygrove)
arugula (Hollygrove)
smattering of other greens (Hollygrove)
dash Avery Island salt

Directions
Make a sandwich with goat cheese on both slices and put mostly arugula, but a few other purple and green sprigs in as large a pile as will fit on one slice of bread. Arrange tomato halves on the other slice. Sprinkle with a tiny bit of salt.
Wrap in wax paper and keep in the work fridge until 12:30.
Enjoy!
So simple and so fantastic. It might truly be, without exaggeration, the best sandwich I have ever made, and certainly the best I have ever eaten at my desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment